Friday, September 25, 2009

The Red Badge of Courage - Stephen Crane


1863 - In a nation divided by war, a team of super secret government spies are captured by the south while on a recon mission from the president himself.

Their leader, a Japanese man by the name of Akihiro Ishikawa, devises a plan to make the biggest prison escape in history.

Taking over their captors, only armed with five guns and an American flag, which Akihiro uses to impale his enemies with as is his tradition; the gang single-handedly wins the war from deep within enemy lines.

Red Badge of Courage reads as a very intense action novel, but I couldn’t help noticing the issue of racism that is portrayed in the book by not only the war against slavery but the inner war that lies within a group led by a Japanese American.

4 comments:

  1. Is every book an action thriller?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well played. I shall follow this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Bagel,

    I'm very happy that you liked my art for this novel. Unfortunately the one you chose wasn't the art they selected for the book cover. I submitted 4 different comps for them to choose from.

    Hal
    http://www.haroldshull.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dammit, Hal, it should have been! I checked out your website and you are a fantastic artist and if they used that cover I would have read it right in the book store!

    ReplyDelete